[PPL-devel] Re: CVS config messages

Axel Simon A.Simon at kent.ac.uk
Fri Feb 6 14:56:18 CET 2004

Roberto,

On Fri, Feb 06, 2004 at 02:17:48PM +0100, Roberto Bagnara wrote:
> It's a small project: developers really need to see the commit message of
> all the other developers, so the ppl-devel list will continue to receive
> all the commit logs.  In principle, we could create a ppl-discuss mailing
> list, but our user base is so little that I think it could receive only
> a handful of messages per year.

True, but I'd like to read these instead of all the CVS commit messages.

> I believe there are basically three solutions to your problem:
> 2) instruct your mail filters to erase or put into a special folder
>    all messages whose subject begins with "[PPL-devel] ppl/" or
>    "[PPL-devel] w3ppl/";

Hm, ok. Maybe this is my way.

> By the way, how is your Haskell binding going?  Is it finished?
> Are you happy with it?

I stopped using it a coulpe of month ago. At that time it some
inexplicable memeory management problem which I wasn't able to track down.
The Glasgow Haskell compiler uses the GMP library to implement some of
its primitive data types, and linking Haskell with C++ might cause some
problems, too. I will revive my efforts soon. I'll send it to you as soon
as found the problem.

Greetings,
Axel.