[PPL-devel] Re: PPL 0.2

Remko Troncon remko.troncon at cs.kuleuven.ac.be
Mon Jan 28 20:27:34 CET 2002

> the first thing that comes to mind is that you may have compiled
> the PPL library with one compiler (e.g., g++-2.96.98) and the program
> test.cpp with another one (e.g., g++-3.0.3).  I say this because
> your link command starts with `g++-3.0', whereas the configuration
> and compilation mechanism of the PPL has probably invoked `g++'.

You're right, it was due to my compiler.
I recompiled GMP with my g++-3.0, recompiled PPL, recompiled my test program,
and now everything seems to work just fine. I was pretty sure i compiled
PPL with the -with-cxx=g++-3.0 flag, but maybe i was wrong.

Thanks a lot for all your help,

Remko

PS: I haven't got around to using the library yet due to the problems i had,
    but i can already tell that the documentation (generated with doxygen)
    looks very good and seems very clear.
    I'll let you know if i have suggestions for additions to the library.