[PPL-devel] About 'undefined symbol: __gmp_asprintf_memory'

pengyu pengyu at crypto.ee.ncku.edu.tw
Sun Dec 15 11:00:32 CET 2002

Hello,
I'm sorry to bother you. I have  a question that I want to ask you.
Did you solve the problem [PPL-devel] PPL compile/run time errors .
I have the same problem.
If you have any suggestion , tell me ,please.
Thanks

pengyu

Hello

While trying to compile my program using the command:

%g++ -lppl -lgmp -lgmpxx -o test PPL-test.cpp

I encountered an error message stating that libgmpxx can't be found
anywhere. So I ran

%/sbin/ldconfig -n /usr/local/lib (my GMP was installed in
/usr/local/lib)

but to no avail. The same problem still occured. So I tried this command
instead:

%g++ -lppl -L/usr/local/lib -o test PPL-test.cpp

This time the compiler returned long list of errors saying something like
/usr.../libppl.so: undefined reference to '__gmp_{name}'

So I linked those files, libgmp, libgmpxx and ppl directory, in
/usr/local/lib  to /usr/lib and compiled the program again. This time the
compiler returned no error, but when I tried to run the program

%./test

the error appeared saying; relocation error: /usr/lib/libgmpxx.so.3:
undefined symbol: __gmp_asprintf_memory'

I checked with 'ldd test' and it seems like all the libraries has
been found successfully.

Did I do something wrong? Can anyone suggest me anything?

I'm using GCC 3.2 with GMP 4.1 installed with --enable-cxx and PPL 4.0.1

TIA

Cheers,
Vaji
--
Vajirapan Panumong
Knowledge Representation and Reasoning Group