[PPL-devel] Re: Polyhedra/test bug3.dat

Andrea Pescetti pescetti at prmat.math.unipr.it
Mon Jun 11 10:53:16 CEST 2001

> [Roberto]
> bug3.dat [...]
>   Assume almost nothing from the input: only generators are up to date
>   and not even necessarily minimized.
>   Wild guess: perhaps add_and_minimize() does not minimize?
I tried that too, a few days ago.
But my wild guess was slightly different: minimize() does not minimize!
If you follow the way x changes, you see that, after the execution of
x.minimize(), the constraints system of x is of course "up-to-date" and
"minimized", but it's different from the "normal" minimized form: i.e.,
x.minimize() gives as output exactly the matrix we don't like.
Please note: I didn't check everything with the latest versions of our
code, and I had messed up the code quite a bit before testing; so, try
by yourself before speculating. I may be wrong.
  Andrea.