[cs at parma seminars] Seminario di Informatica (2)

Gianfranco Rossi gianfr at prmat.math.unipr.it
Fri May 5 16:34:55 CEST 2006

[Con preghiera di diffusione e scuse per l'eventuale ricezione di
copie multiple.]

                                AVVISO DI SEMINARIO

DATA:
    Giovedi' 18/5/2006, ore 11:30

RELATORE:
    Lars Bendix
    Department of Computer Science
    Lund Institute of Technology
    Lund, Sweden.
    http://www.cs.lth.se/home/Lars_Bendix

TITOLO:
    Pair Programming, Pair Teaching - and beyond:

LUOGO:
    Sala riunioni (III piano)
    Dipartimento di Matematica, Universita' di Parma
    Parco Area delle Scienze, 53/A (Campus)
    PARMA

SOMMARIO:
    In this seminar we will look at Pair Programming, that is one
    of the practices of eXtreme Programming. We will explain what
    motivated Kent Beck to introduce it and address the objections
    that others have brought forth - mainly that it is not cost-
    effective.
    We then move on to Pair Teaching, that is one of the practices
    of eXtreme Teaching, and see how it was inspired from Pair
    Programming - but also what has to be different in the teaching
    context. We will give some examples of how and in which
    situations Pair Teaching can be used.
    Finally, we will suggest that Pair Studying might be a technique
    that students could use with good results. We might look at some
    advantages and drawbacks and examples.

NOTE:
    Il seminario sara' tenuto in lingua italiana.

RIF.:
    Gianfranco Rossi
    http://www.math.unipr.it/~gianfr/