[PPL-devel] PPL installation problems

Enea Zaffanella zaffanella at cs.unipr.it
Tue Jun 14 15:13:03 CEST 2011

Il 13/06/2011 21:56, Adrien Champion ha scritto:
> Hello,
>
> A few months ago, I managed to install and use PPL on my main computer,
> but now that I am trying to install it on my notebook I encounter problems.
> I should probably start by saying that the part I am interested in is
> the Java interface.
>
> The configure, make and make install work but when I try to run make for
> the java interface I get the following error:
> /bin/bash: no: command not found
> make[1]: *** [java_classes.stamp] Error 127
>
> When looking closer however, the configure does not really work since it
> does not find all the java related commands:
> checking for javac... no
> checking for java... no
> checking for jar... no
> checking for javah... no
> configure: WARNING: unable to include <jni.h>
>
> Do you happen to have any solution for this problem ?
> Thank you in advance.
>
> Best,

At configuration time, you should use option
  --with-java=DIR
where DIR is the Java SDK installation directory

The configure script will automatically try some default directory
depending on the system, but it gives up if they are not found.

You may also want to add
  --enable-interfaces=c++,java
(I currently don't recall if Java is enabled by default).

Enea.