[PPL-devel] Errors in PPL

Roberto Bagnara bagnara at cs.unipr.it
Sat Feb 13 20:12:26 CET 2021

On 13/02/21 19:54, Jonathan Hansen wrote:
> Hi Roberto,
>
> I found your mail online.
>
> I'm trying to install PPL on my MacBook in order to be able to use PRISM-Games.
>
> However, I keep getting errors and can't find any solution. I hope you can help.
>
> When I use for instance the ZIP-file from the website and the ./configure and make commands, then I get an error message:
>
> ./OR_Matrix_inlines.hh:100:8: error: missing 'typename' prior to dependent type template name 'OR_Matrix<T>::Pseudo_Row'
> inline OR_Matrix<T>::Pseudo_Row<U>&
>
> I have tried using the --with-cxxflags command without success.
>
> I have also tried to clone the git repository. However, that contains no ./configure file and I can't seem to generate it.
>
> Thanks in advance for your help.
>
> Jonathan.

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for getting in touch, but let me suggest to use the
ppl-devel at cs.unipr.it mailing list for this.

I suggest you clone the Git repository, and checkout the "devel" branch.
In order to generate the configure script, you need the Autotools.
We internally use macports.  Now, I am not sure of the list of packages
you need to compile the PPL under OS X, but you need, at least:

sudo port -N install autoconf automake

Maybe you also need

sudo port -N install coreutils gsed

Then in the top-level source directory you should use the command

autoreconf

which will generate the 'configure' script.
Please let us know how it goes and whether you have further
questions.
Kind regards,

Applied Formal Methods Laboratory - University of Parma, Italy
mailto:bagnara at cs.unipr.it
                               BUGSENG srl - http://bugseng.com
                               mailto:roberto.bagnara at bugseng.com