[PPL-devel] Multithreading Convex Hull

Enea Zaffanella zaffanella at cs.unipr.it
Wed Dec 11 09:19:16 CET 2019

Hello Oskar.

The PPL is not using multithreading in its own computations.

I have worked on a (conditionally) thread-safe version of the library,
which is available in the git branch "devel".
The support for thread-safety needs to be enabled at configuration time
(--enable-thread-safe).
Beware that the standard allocation library may become a bottleneck, so
that you may want to switch to TCMalloc.

See the following messages for a few hints about using PPL services from
multiple threads:

http://www.cs.unipr.it/pipermail/ppl-devel/2016-September/019137.html

http://www.cs.unipr.it/pipermail/ppl-devel/2018-January/019187.html

Feel free to ask questions if you face problems.

Cheers,
Enea.