[PPL-devel] Rational polyhedra

Stefan Schupp stefan.schupp at cs.rwth-aachen.de
Tue Nov 22 16:18:33 CET 2016

Hi,

I am using PPL for my project which is related to verification. In this
context I require my computations to be exact or, if that is not
possible, to be over-approximating. From what I read in the
documentation, PPL ensures such an over-approximation, which is nice. I
am using C_Polyhedron as my data type and currently interested in using
rational arithmetic (mpq_class) in combination with that. From what I
see, you can use the mpz_class type for C_Polyhedron, but not mpq_class
directly. Is there a way intended to overcome this problem? In my
current setup I use the double interface, but this requires conversion
and most probably introduces rounding errors.

Furthermore a usage question: Is there an intended way on how to compute
a linear transformation of a polyhedron with a matrix?

Best regards,
Stefan

--
Stefan Schupp M.Sc.