[PPL-devel] Handling Rational Coefficients

Tuba Yavuz tuba at ece.ufl.edu
Sun Apr 24 15:14:52 CEST 2016

Dear PPL Team,

I'd like to use PPL for linear arithmetic with rational coefficients.
For instance, I'd like to be able to use constraints like 0.3*x + 2.66*y
 >= 1. When I tried to create a NNC_Polyhedra with that formula, PPL
converted it to 2*y >=1.

Based on the tutorials, I should be able to use mpq_class to support
rational coefficients. I see that there is an instantiation of BD_Shape
with mp_class specialization. However, I couldn't find something
equivalent for Polyhedra and its subclasses. I also tried to change the
configuration file and set PPL_COEFFICIENT_TYPE to mpq_class and rebuilt
PPL but that didn't seem to work either.

I'd appreciate if you could provide me info on this.

Regards

Tuba