[PPL-devel] Merging Convex Hulls

Roberto Bagnara bagnara at cs.unipr.it
Thu Jun 4 08:43:22 CEST 2015

On 05/30/15 19:45, Monty Hall wrote:
> Is this possible on PPL?  If so, how is it done?  Suppose I have 2
> sets of input generators.  I compute the convex hull/faces for both
> via double description.  My question is, would this be
> "concatenation" operation? If so, it doesn't just concatenate the
> list of input generators and then performs double description does
> it?
>
> Here's what I'm wondering, I often have in input that takes a long
> time to process.  I was wondering if I could split the input into
> two perform double description.  And then merge the convex
> hulls/hyperplanes together to get a final solution.  Divide and
> conquer so to speak.  Not sure if this would be faster than
> processing the input all at once.

Dear Monty,

can you please be more precise?  I suggest to illustrate your idea
with an example.  Take a triangle in 2D, represented by a set of three
generators: its vertices.  Divide such a set into two subsets: two
vertices in one subset, the remaining vertex in the other subset.
Then explain what you want to do with the two subsets.
Kind regards,

Applied Formal Methods Laboratory - University of Parma, Italy
mailto:bagnara at cs.unipr.it
                              BUGSENG srl - http://bugseng.com
                              mailto:roberto.bagnara at bugseng.com