[PPL-devel] new paper on polymake in Linear and Integer Programming

Roberto Bagnara bagnara at cs.unipr.it
Sun Sep 28 14:24:49 CEST 2014

On 08/21/14 12:44, Benjamin Lorenz wrote:
> Dear Colleagues,
>
> we have just finished our new paper on polymake, more precisely
> polymake in Linear and Integer Programming:
>
> Our focus are convex hull computations and counting/enumeration of
> integer points. We have evaluated several algorithms which are
> available from polymake and summarized our observations in a set of
> rule of thumbs.
>
> Apart from the algorithms implemented in polymake we used:
> - for convex hull cdd, lrs, normaliz and ppl;
> - for integer points 4ti2, latte and normaliz.
>
> It is available in the arXiv:
> http://arxiv.org/abs/1408.4653
>
> We are happy to hear your comments and feedback.
>
> Best regards,
> the polymake team.

Hi there.

Interesting paper!  I think the rules of thumb are very
useful.  I am also happy you found that the PPL has a very
good performance on the convex hull problem.  We have added
an entry to our bibliography, available at

  http://bugseng.com/products/ppl/documentation/citations

and, in BibTeX format, at

  http://bugseng.com/products/ppl/documentation/ppl_citations.bib

I guess you will publish the paper in some journal: please
let us know so that we can keep the entry up to date.
Kind regards,

Applied Formal Methods Laboratory - University of Parma, Italy
mailto:bagnara at cs.unipr.it
                              BUGSENG srl - http://bugseng.com
                              mailto:roberto.bagnara at bugseng.com