[PPL-devel] Support for Cartesian Factoring of Polyhedra? thread safe?

aeflores floresmo at rbg.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
Mon Oct 13 11:28:30 CEST 2014

Hello,
My name is Antonio Flores-Montoya and I am a PhD student at the
Technical University of Darmstadt. I have been using PPL for a while and
I have a couple questions concerning its PPL functionality:

- In the paper of 2008 describing the parma polyhedra library you
mention that you planed to implement the techniques described in
"Cartesian factoring of polyhedra in linear relation analysis"
  I have been looking for it in the documentation but I haven't found
anything about it. What is the state of this feature? Implemented, planned?

-I tried to use the library from a multi-threaded prolog application.
When I do that, I get different kinds of crashes that do not happen with
a single-threaded version of the same program. Is PPL thread safe?
In case it is, are there any considerations that I should take into
account for using PPL from a multi-threaded application?

Thanks,

Antonio