[PPL-devel] Floating Point Constraints in PPL

Roberto Bagnara bagnara at cs.unipr.it
Wed Mar 12 08:25:17 CET 2014

On 03/11/14 21:15, Radoslav Ivanov wrote:
> My name is Radoslav Ivanov and I am a PhD student at the PRECISE lab
> at the University of Pennsylvania.
>
> I am trying to perform some polyhedra operations using PPL (in
> C++). However, I am not sure if it is possible to encode constraints
> with non-integer values. Can you please tell me if this is possible
> and if yes, what type I should use?

Dear Radoslav,

it is always possible to encode constraints with non-integer coefficients
into constraints with integer coefficients, which can then be treated
with the PPL.

See ppl/demos/ppl_lcdd.cc as an example: the function normalize()
takes an (input) vector of rational coefficients, an (output) vector
of corresponding integer coefficients and an (input/output) accumulated
denominator for the conversion.

If you tell us what are you trying to achieve, perhaps we can provide
more useful advice.
Kind regards,

Applied Formal Methods Laboratory - University of Parma, Italy
mailto:bagnara at cs.unipr.it
                              BUGSENG srl - http://bugseng.com
                              mailto:roberto.bagnara at bugseng.com