[PPL-devel] Generator safety

Roberto Bagnara bagnara at cs.unipr.it
Sat Jun 28 08:19:25 CEST 2014

Hello Stefan.

On 06/27/14 11:14, Stefan Schupp wrote:
> just a short question:
>
> Are generators and generator systems "safe" in their type?

I am not sure what "safety" might mean in this context.

> E.g. if I create a C_Polytope from a generator system consisting of points and apply some operation on the constructed polytope: Is the generator system of the resulting polytope guaranteed to consist only of points?

This is also unclear, as C_Polytope is not a type of the PPL.
If by "polytope" you mean a bounded polyhedron, then perhaps
the property that interests you is: bounded polyhedra contain
neither lines nor rays.  Hence bounded polyhedra either are
empty or contain points.
Does this answer your question?
Kind regards,

Applied Formal Methods Laboratory - University of Parma, Italy
mailto:bagnara at cs.unipr.it
                              BUGSENG srl - http://bugseng.com
                              mailto:roberto.bagnara at bugseng.com