[PPL-devel] Installation for MingW

Roberto Bagnara bagnara at cs.unipr.it
Wed Jun 18 14:41:38 CEST 2014

On 18/06/2014 13:19, Oliveira, Italo (GE Global Research) wrote:
> Thanks for your response!
> I did some further trials and this problem was solved. I don't know
> what was the root cause of this problem, but apparently it is
> related to the correct installation of the GMP (Gnu Multi-Precision)
> library.
>
> It only worked after I used the following options for GMP configuration:
>
> configure --prefix=<GMP target directory> --build=<result of config.guess> --enable-cxx --with-gnu-ld --disable-static --enable-shared
>
> And, when installing PPL, used as following
>
> configure --with-gmp=<GMP target directory>
>
> I will try to reproduce this in another computer an see if it works.

Dear Ítalo,

I am glad the problem seems to be solved.  Please do not hesitate
to get in touch if you need help.

We routinely cross-build the PPL and GMP on our projects: our build script
for GMP uses a configure command line similar to yours, but:

- we do not use `--with-gnu-ld' (not sure which linker is picked up
  in your environment without this option);
- we do use `--host=x86_64-w64-mingw32' or `--host=i686-w64-mingw32'
  instead of `--build=...'.

> By the way, I saw that the Java documentation is not as rich as for
> the C++ core. I would like to check with you if, besides the
> concealment of low-level functionality, there is any other relevant
> functionality that is not accessible in Java.

The Java interface user's manual just describes those aspects that are
specific to the Java interface of the PPL.  A general introduction to
the numerical abstractions, their representation in the PPL and the
operations provided by the PPL is given in the main PPL user manual.
If you think some documentation is missing, please come back to us.
Kind regards,

    Roberto

Applied Formal Methods Laboratory - University of Parma, Italy
mailto:bagnara at cs.unipr.it
                              BUGSENG srl - http://bugseng.com
                              mailto:roberto.bagnara at bugseng.com