[PPL-devel] Looking for PPL libs for Windows

Roberto Bagnara bagnara at cs.unipr.it
Fri May 31 09:33:05 CEST 2013

On 05/30/13 20:00, Jay Wells wrote:
> I'd like to use the PPL library to handle vertex enumeration in a
> Windows x64 application but I'm having trouble building the source
> (.configure can't find cl.exe version, and link failing because it
> can't find oldnames.lib).  I've looked for binaries (libs or dlls)
> in mingw and cygwin but I can't find anything.  Can you please
> provide some guidance where I could find some existing PPL libs?

Hello Jay.

In order to build a version of PPL suitable for use under Windows x64
you can use MinGW.  Assuming you have already compiled GMP with
MinGW and installed it under $prefix, and that the PPL sources are
under $srcdir/ppl-1.1, what you should do is something like

  host=x86_64-w64-mingw32
  $srcdir/ppl-1.1/configure --host=$host --prefix=$prefix --with-gmp=$prefix

Of course you may add other configure options depending on your needs.
Kind regards,

Applied Formal Methods Laboratory - University of Parma, Italy
mailto:bagnara at cs.unipr.it
                              BUGSENG srl - http://bugseng.com
                              mailto:roberto.bagnara at bugseng.com