[PPL-devel] Configure errors on Solaris 10

Roberto Bagnara bagnara at cs.unipr.it
Sun Mar 10 12:30:31 CET 2013

On 03/06/13 16:20, Marc Girod wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 2:45 PM, Marc Girod <marc.girod at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I get two warnings and on error while configuring ppl-1.0 for Solaris
>> 10, with gcc 3.4.3
>
> I assume my problem comes from my not having used C++ to compile gmp.
> Now, I am precisely building a recent version of gcc, and using what I
> find in /usr/sfw/bin on Solaris.
> There is no g++ there.
>
> I try the http://gmplib.org/ route mentioned in README.configure

Hello Marc.

I think the problem number one is the one implied by the
following lines of your config.log:

configure:9392: g++ -c  -g -O2   conftest.cpp >&5
g++: installation problem, cannot exec `cc1plus': No such file or directory

So, the first thing is to fix your installation of g++.
Kind regards,

Applied Formal Methods Laboratory - University of Parma, Italy
mailto:bagnara at cs.unipr.it
                              BUGSENG srl - http://bugseng.com
                              mailto:roberto.bagnara at bugseng.com