[PPL-devel] C++ preprocessor problem when installing ppl

Zhoulai zell08v at orange.fr
Thu Feb 14 10:28:42 CET 2013

Hello,

I am trying to install ppl in my ubuntu 12.04. But "./configure"  gives me
an error,

* c++ preprocessor "lib/cpp" fails sanity check*

I don't know what to do with it. I have my gcc  version 4.7.2, which should
be Ok to compile PPL, right?

The ubuntu is run on the virtual machine.

Do you know how to solve this problem? A quick answer would be most
appreciated. The installation of PPL is necessary for my artifacts
submission for a conference whose deadline is the 17th.

Thank you for your help.

Zhoulai (Zell)

p.s
the confiig.log has a strange line
" configure: 4332: gcc --version >& 5"
which is strange because ppl documents say that it suffices to have a gcc
later than 4.0.2