[PPL-devel] Regression test failures on OpenBSD

Edd Barrett eb771 at kent.ac.uk
Mon Nov 12 13:03:20 CET 2012

Hi Roberto,

On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 12:29:50PM +0100, Roberto Bagnara wrote:
> I am not sure if fixed versions of OpenBSD are already
> available and if you are using them.

I am running snapshots, so we usually get a binary build every week.

I tried running the tests again with a newer snapshots (about a month
after the fix was applied) and had some issues still. I assumed I was
doing something wrong and didn't get time to investigate properly.

> We have just uploaded
> a new snapshot of PPL 1.1 (to be released soon) that works
> around the problem you reported.  If you are still running
> a version of OpenBSD where the problem manifests itself,
> can you please test the snapshot available at
>
>   http://bugseng.com/products/ppl/download/ftp/snapshots/

I will give this a try for you sometime soon and report back.

> Many thanks for your kind cooperation.

No problem.

--
Edd Barrett
Programming Languages and Systems Research