[PPL-devel] Accessing constraint systems from Java

Gianluca Amato amato at sci.unich.it
Thu Jun 28 16:01:44 CEST 2012

Hi there!
I am trying to write a method in Java, which takes a PPL object (let's
say a Polyhedron, or an Octagonal_Shape), a sequence of strings as
variables names, and generates a string representation of the object
similar to the one we obtain with the toString() method, but with the
given variable names instead of A, B, etc...

My idea was to get a Constraint_System from the object, iterate over
Constraints, and access the coefficients of each constraint. However,
the Java API is much simpler then the C++ API, and there is no way, for
example, to iterate over constraints.

For the moment, I am generating a string representation with toString,
and apply there the necessary transformations.

Do you have any idea how can I circumvent in other ways the limitations
of the API? Any plan for a better Java API?

Thanks in advance,
--gianluca