[PPL-devel] Write constraints in JAVA interface as in C++ ?

Enea Zaffanella zaffanella at cs.unipr.it
Tue Jul 31 08:31:40 CEST 2012

On 07/30/2012 10:40 AM, Zell wrote:
> Hello,
>
> If I understand correctly, there is no support in JAVA interface to add
> constraints as easy as in C++, for example, in C++,
>
>    cs.insert(B >= 0);
>    cs.insert(A >= 0);
>    cs.insert(B == 5);
>    cs.insert(B <= 7);

Constraints systems in the Java interface extend

    java.util.Vector<Constraint>

so you can use all the usual Vector methods.
In order to add elements, you should use addElement.

> Otherwise, I do not see the domain Box in JAVA interface.  What would be
> the instruction to enable it?  (I am under Mac OS x, for information)

For language interfaces other than C++ we require to specify at
configuration time the set of domain instantiations that should be
built. By default, the Rational_Box instantiation should be available.

See Section 5 in README.configure for details about enabling more domain
instantiations (to be done at configuration time, requires rebuilding
the library).

Cheers,
Enea.