[PPL-devel] PPL (6 of 70 tests failed) OS X Lion, XCode 4.2 [clang]

Enea Zaffanella zaffanella at cs.unipr.it
Sat Jan 28 15:06:49 CET 2012

On 01/27/2012 04:36 PM, David Abdurachmanov wrote:
> Hi,
> I am running 'make check' on my PPL build on Mac OS X Lion with XCode 4.2 using clang compiler.
>
> I was using clean environment (env -i) and additional environment variables:
> export CC='/Developer/usr/bin/clang'
> export CXX='/Developer/usr/bin/clang++'
> export F90FLAGS='-O2 -m64'
> export OBJC='/Developer/usr/bin/clang'
> export FCFLAGS='-O2 -m64'
> export INSTALL='/usr/bin/install -c'
> export OBJCFLAGS='-O2 -arch x86_64'
> export FFLAGS='-O2 -m64'
> export ABI='64'
>
> Here is the list of failed tests:
>
> tests failed: test08
> FAIL: affineimage1
> tests failed: test03 test04
> FAIL: frompolyhedron1
> tests failed: test01 test02
> FAIL: frompolyhedron2
> tests failed: test01 test03
> FAIL: propagateconstraints2
> tests failed: test01
> FAIL: refinewithconstraint1
> tests failed: test03 test04
> FAIL: nnc_frompolyhedron1
>
> $ /Developer/usr/bin/clang -v
> Apple clang version 3.0 (tags/Apple/clang-211.12) (based on LLVM 3.0svn)
> Target: x86_64-apple-darwin11.2.0
> Thread model: posix
>
> Thanks,
> David

Hello David.

 From what you say it seems to be a known problem, discussed in the
following thread

   http://www.cs.unipr.it/pipermail/ppl-devel/2011-August/017563.html

whereby llvm/clang is not supporting (yet?) -frounding-math.

As a consequence, wrong results can be obtained (due to unsafe rounding)
but **only** when using those PPL domain instantiations whose
representation relies on floating point datatypes (e.g., Box<float>,
BD_Shape<double>, Octagonal_Shape<double>, etc.).

We have recently added clang-detection ability to the PPL configure
script which should be able to automatically turn off those domain
instantiations. See

  http://www.cs.unipr.it/pipermail/ppl-devel/2011-December/017821.html

This however has not been released yet (I assume you are building PPL
0.11.2).

Cheers,
Enea.