[PPL-devel] a bug in PPL Java bindings

Enea Zaffanella zaffanella at cs.unipr.it
Tue Feb 14 12:45:17 CET 2012

On 02/14/2012 10:18 AM, Gianluca Amato wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm here again with another problem concerning boxes and Java bindings.
> I found by chance a sequence of operations which gives a wrong result.

Hello Gianluca.

Thanks for reporting the issue.

This is a misbehavior in method Box<ITV>::upper_bound_assign() which is
caused by the wrong handling of flags recording box emptiness.
We have now fixed it on git master (I also added a C++ variant of your
testcase to our test suite).

As witnessed by the observation you performed when trying minor
variations of your program, the error had to do with the laziness of the
computation (e.g., the error was disappearing if printing out
intermediate results).

Please confirm us that things are now OK also on the Java side.

Cheers,
Enea.