[PPL-devel] Big Endian Regression Test Failures

Edd Barrett eb771 at kent.ac.uk
Fri Aug 17 13:39:30 CEST 2012

Hi,

I have (slowly) been packaging PPL for OpenBSD. I mostly have amd64/i386
build+regressions sorted with c,c++,java,ocaml interfaces enabled
(swi-prolog on the todo list). We tend to test things on big endian
machines, as they find all kinds of bugs. Anything that uses OCaml is
especially tested on sparc64, as there is no native code backend for
this architecture.

Attached is a gzipped regression test log on a sparc64 machine with
PPL_NOISY_TESTS=yes set. A few tests failed. This build was for PPL-1.0
with the C,C++ and Ocaml interfaces enabled (Java could not be included
as openjdk only runs on i386 and amd64 on OpenBSD).

Meanwhile, I will checkout the latest development code and see if
anything changes.

Cheers.

--

Edd Barrett
Programming Languages and Systems Research