[PPL-devel] Can't find GMP, but it's installed

rafael ff1 rafael.f.f1 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 21:54:04 CET 2011

2011/5/13 Rafael Fontenelle <rffontenelle at gmail.com>:
> 2011/5/12 Roberto Bagnara <bagnara at cs.unipr.it>
>>
>> On 05/11/11 23:07, Rafael Fontenelle wrote:
>>>
>>> 2011/5/11 Roberto Bagnara <bagnara at cs.unipr.it
>>> <mailto:bagnara at cs.unipr.it>>
>>>
>>>    the config.log you sent does not seem to match the file fail-build.log
>>>    you sent earlier.  The latter says:
>>>

>>> I guess I used LD_LIBRARY_PATH setting, but didn't mentioned. Can't
>>> remember for sure, sorry. But what about the other config.log, which has
>>> results with LD_LIBRARY_APTH set? Libraries were pointing to /usr/lib32,
>>> which - in may little experience as lib32 packaging - should work fine.
>>>
>>> I tried again and I'm sending the build log and config.log.. I hope it
>>> helps to debug.
>>
>> This is the relevant part in config.log:
>>
>> GMP header (gmp.h) and library (ligmp.*) bits-per-limb mismatch:
>> header gives 64;
>> library gives 32.
>> This probably means you are on a bi-arch system and
>> you are compiling with the wrong header or linking with
>> the wrong library.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>>    Roberto
>>
>> --
>> Prof. Roberto Bagnara
>> Applied Formal Methods Laboratory
>> Department of Mathematics, University of Parma, Italy
>> http://www.cs.unipr.it/~bagnara/
>> mailto:bagnara at cs.unipr.it
>
> Therefore I need to force the gmp headers path with LDPATH+="
> -I/usr/lib32/gmp/include" and it works!
> Thanks a lot!
> -- Rafael

Mr. Roberto Bagnara,

Some time ago you help me to find out what was the problem building
32-bit library for 64-bit system (a lib32 package), which I solved by
pointing out to 32 bit headers of GMP.

My problem now is someone else adopted the lib32-gmp package and
removed the headers (This is, in matter of fact, the default for lib32
packages in Archlinux. Ex: package 'gmp' cointains header and
everything else 64-bit for 64 bit system [1], while 'lib32-gmp'
contains only 32-bit libs for 64-bit system [2]).

How can I (if possible) compile 32-bit PPL 0.11.2 for 64-bit system
using headers from 64-bit gmp and the 32-bit library from lib32-gmp ?

[1] https://www.archlinux.org/packages/core/x86_64/gmp/files/
[2] https://www.archlinux.org/packages/multilib/x86_64/lib32-gmp/files/

Thanks,

-- Rafael