[PPL-devel] the latest ppl git configure script has something wrong

Anthony Foiani anthony.foiani at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 22:57:52 CEST 2011

Greetings --

On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 1:51 PM, PcX <xunxun1982 at gmail.com> wrote:

> 于 2011/8/10 3:39, Anthony Foiani 写道:
>>
>> Greetings --
>>
>> On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 12:00 PM, PcX<xunxun1982 at gmail.com>  wrote:
>>>
>>> I mean latest ppl git is master branch.
>>> 6.10 is ppl git at the time of June 10th.
>>
>> This should be a perfect use case for "git bisect".  Could you try
>> that, to see if you can find the commit where things broke for you?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Tony
>
> I'm not familiar with git commands.
> When I type git bisect, it will output:
>  git bisect [help|start|bad|good|skip|next|reset|visualize|replay|log|run]
>
> Which option should I use?

You can take a quick look at the manual here:

   http://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/git-bisect.html

It's a helper for a binary search.

Basic usage:

1. Reset to known most current fetch:

  git bisect start

2. Tell git that the current commit is bad:

  git bisect bad

3. Find the id of the commit that you pulled on 06-10 (the commit is
the first thing on the output line, a series of hex characters):

  git reflog show 'master@{2011-06-10}' -1

4. Tell git that was the good commit:

  git bisect good <commit-id>

At that point, git should check out a version of the library "in the
middle" between those two revisions.  Try to do your build there: if
it works, you mark that as good; if it doesn't, you mark it as bad:

  git bisect good    # if it worked
  git bisect bad      # if it didn't

And do that until you find the problem.

Regards,