[PPL-devel] Fwd: ppl 0.11.2 vs llvm

Anthony Foiani anthony.foiani at gmail.com
Sun Aug 7 08:44:56 CEST 2011

Jack --

On Sat, Aug 6, 2011 at 6:14 AM, Jack Howarth <howarth at bromo.med.uc.edu> wrote:
> Attached is a build and make check log from x86_64 Fedora 10

Just by-the-by, Fedora 10 is ancient in Fedora terms. (Fedora 13 has
already been "end of life"ed.)

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_Release_Life_Cycle

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/HistoricalSchedules#Fedora_10_.28Codename:_Cambridge.29

It might be worth upgrading your system just to make sure it's not an
outdated library that happens to be causing some of these problems.
(Not that it's not still valuable information, but sometimes
developers have to decide whether they spend time supporting old
infrastructure vs. adding/improving features, and I know which I'd
prefer...)

(Having said that, RHEL5 is probably about as modern as Fedora 10, and
lots of people are still there, so compile issues on that platform are
probably still relevant...)

Best regards,
Tony