[PPL-devel] compiler warnings ppl-0.10

Roberto Bagnara bagnara at cs.unipr.it
Wed Sep 29 11:01:37 CEST 2010

On 09/28/10 15:51, Dieter Demerre wrote:
> A quick walkthrough directed me to:
> - cc1: Unrecognized option `-frounding-math'
> - cc1plus: Unrecognized option `-frounding-math'
> the -frounding-math option option that's probably new.... (in more
> recent gcc)
> (not yet present in gcc-2.95,...). Is this option required ? (at this
> level ?)
> which would explain the failure on the header file check / compilation.

Dear Dieter,

please see README.configure, where is says:

   It should be noted that no version of GCC prior to 4.0.3 is known to
   reliably compile PPL 0.10.

I can strengthen this by saying that really there is no way
to compile the PPL with GCC 2.95.

 > Currently,... I'm (attempting) to compile gcc-4.5.0 without ppl support,
 > and after this was successful (hope, hope),... try to compile the ppl
 > library again, and compile gcc again too.

Yes, this is the right thing to do.
Friendly regards,

Applied Formal Methods Laboratory
mailto:bagnara at cs.unipr.it