[PPL-devel] Undefined PPL references attempting to build cloog-ppl

Peter Kruse pjodrr at gmail.com
Fri Sep 24 11:47:00 CEST 2010

Hello,

On Sun, Sep 19, 2010 at 12:52 PM, Roberto Bagnara <bagnara at cs.unipr.it> wrote:
> On 09/19/10 12:09, Peter Kruse wrote:
>>
>> On Sun, Sep 19, 2010 at 10:41 AM, Roberto Bagnara<bagnara at cs.unipr.it>
>>  wrote:
>>>
>>> I agree.  Can you please try to come up with revised Posix sed patterns
>>> that do not fail with Solaris' sed?  We would be glad to apply the patch.
>>
>> can you show which pattern is the one in question?
>
> Unfortunately not.  But you can inspect our patterns and compare them
> with those that are said to be avoided in the documentation you quoted.

ok, I found it.  In line 14514 of configure you have this:

  required_instantiations=`echo "${enableval}" | sed -e 's/[	 ][	 ]*/
/g' -e 's/[ ]*\([@<>,]\)[ ]*/\1/g' -e 's/>>/> >/g' -e 's/^[ ]//g' -e
's/[ ]$//g'`

where enableval looks like:

'        Polyhedron @ Grid @ Rational_Box @ BD_Shape<int8_t> @
BD_Shape<mpz_class> @ BD_Shape<mpq_class> @ Octagonal_Shape<mpz_class>
@ Octagonal_Shape<mpq_class> @ Constraints_Product<C_Polyhedron, Grid>
@ Pointset_Powerset<C_Polyhedron> @ Pointset_Powerset<NNC_Polyhedron>'

It is the pattern 's/[ ]*\([@<>,]\)[ ]*/\1/g'.  Comparing solaris and gnu:

Solaris:

>@ B

GNU:

>@B

notice the extra space. Now the question, it seems the whole point
of this step is to "Avoid extra blank".  Are there blanks you want to keep,
or can you not just remove every blank?

Cheers,

  Peter