[PPL-devel] Question about PPL: Only one polyhedron-representation

Sebastian Junges sjunges at live.de
Mon Oct 25 11:35:17 CEST 2010

Dear PPL-developers,

We're currently considering to write a library making use of PPL.

The main problem is that for method investigations we would like to make use of only one representation a time for polyhedra. Is there an efficient way of using the existing PPL, in such a manner that we can choose whether a constraint- or generator-based representation of polyhedra is used.

We know that most functions are only implemented for only one of the representations, and we would add functions needed for the other representation ourselves. Thus, as question remains if we can efficiently stop the polyhedra from being updated to consistency after a changing function is run.

With kind regards,
Sebastian Junges

Student Assistant
RWTH Aachen