[PPL-devel] Modified PPL 0.10.2 source distribution for Solaris

Dennis Clarke dclarke at blastwave.org
Tue Feb 9 09:02:30 CET 2010

> [Apologies if you are no longer interested.  RB]
>
> Hi there.
>
> In order to facilitate Solaris users, we have just uploaded
> modified PPL 0.10.2 source distributions that, by simply renaming
> a few template variables, work around the Solaris bug whereby
> <sys/regset.h> is unnecessarily included.
> The archives are here:
>
>    ftp://ftp.cs.unipr.it/pub/ppl/releases/0.10.2/solaris/
>
> We would appreciate knowing how they go.
> All the best,

Hello :

    Thus far I have been unable to get your configure script to accept
some reasonable options that indicate where gmp libs are located.

Thus :

$ ./configure --host=i386-pc-solaris2.8 --build=i386-pc-solaris2.8 \
 --prefix=/opt/csw --with-gmp-lib=/opt/csw/lib \
 --with-gmp-include=/opt/csw/include \
 --with-libgmp-prefix=/opt/csw \
 --with-libgmpxx-prefix=/opt/csw

The libs exist just fine and work very well but I continuously get this
message :

checking how to link with libgmp... /opt/csw/lib/libgmp.so -R/opt/csw/lib
-R/opt/csw/lib/$ISALIST
checking how to link with libgmpxx... /opt/csw/lib/libgmpxx.so
/opt/csw/lib/libgmp.so -R/opt/csw/lib -R/opt/csw/lib/$ISALIST
-R/opt/csw/lib -R/opt/csw/lib/$ISALIST
checking for the GMP library version 4.1.3 or above... no
configure: error: Cannot find GMP version 4.1.3 or higher.
GMP is the GNU Multi-Precision library:
see http://www.swox.com/gmp/ for more information.
When compiling the GMP library, do not forget to enable the C++ interface:
add --enable-cxx to the configuration options.
$

I have gmp 5.0.1 :

$ pkginfo -l CSWlibgmp
   PKGINST:  CSWlibgmp
      NAME:  libgmp - GNU Multiple Precision Arithmetic Library
  CATEGORY:  application
      ARCH:  i386
   VERSION:  5.0.1,REV=2010.02.08
   BASEDIR:  /opt/csw
    VENDOR:  http://gmplib.org/ packaged by Blastwave.org Inc.
      DESC:  CSWlibgmp - GNU Multiple Precision Arithmetic Library
    PSTAMP:  titan20100208031415
  INSTDATE:  Feb 08 2010 04:12
   HOTLINE:  http://www.blastwave.org/
     EMAIL:  support at blastwave.org