[PPL-devel] ppl-0.11.1pre2 fails to compile on Solaris i386

Dennis Clarke dclarke at blastwave.org
Tue Dec 14 22:02:30 CET 2010

> On 12/14/10 21:33, Dennis Clarke wrote:
>>

>> I think, after trying oover and over for about five days that ppl can
>> not
>> be compiled on Solaris.
>
> By chance, does Solaris define int8_t to be plain char
> (that is, not `signed char', just `char')?

That depends.

On Solaris 8 in /usr/include/sys/int_types.h we see :

/*
 * This file, <sys/int_types.h>, is part of the Sun Microsystems
implementation
 * of <inttypes.h> as proposed in the ISO/JTC1/SC22/WG14 C committee's
working
 * draft for the revision of the current ISO C standard, ISO/IEC 9899:1990
 * Programming language - C.
 *
 * Programs/Modules should not directly include this file.  Access to the
 * types defined in this file should be through the inclusion of one of the
 * following files:
 *
 *      <sys/types.h>           Provides only the "_t" types defined in this
 *                              file which is a subset of the contents of
 *                              <inttypes.h>.  (This can be appropriate for
 *                              all programs/modules except those claiming
 *                              ANSI-C conformance.)
 *
 *      <sys/inttypes.h>        Provides the Kernel and Driver appropriate
 *                              components of <inttypes.h>.
 *
 *      <inttypes.h>            For use by applications.
 *
 * See these files for more details.
 *
.
.
.

/*
 * Basic / Extended integer types
 *
 * The following defines the basic fixed-size integer types.
 *
 * Implementations are free to typedef them to Standard C integer types or
 * extensions that they support. If an implementation does not support one
 * of the particular integer data types below, then it should not define the
 * typedefs and macros corresponding to that data type.  Note that int8_t
 * is not defined in -Xs mode on ISAs for which the ABI specifies "char"
 * as an unsigned entity because there is not way to defined an eight bit
 * signed integral.
 */
#if defined(_CHAR_IS_SIGNED)
typedef char                    int8_t;
#else
#if defined(__STDC__)
typedef signed char             int8_t;
#endif
#endif

I recall that you had a valid login into the Blastwave server stack and
then you could see all this if needed.

--
Dennis Clarke
dclarke at opensolaris.ca  <- Email related to the open source Solaris