[PPL-devel] PPL in windows

Roberto Bagnara bagnara at cs.unipr.it
Wed Apr 28 09:23:35 CEST 2010

On 04/27/2010 11:45 AM, saber mirzaei wrote:
> I'm a MS univeristy student and i'm going to use parma library tool for
> my goal which is generating and model checking and i need a polyhedra
> operation tool, so i choosed your tool, but i want to use is with a
> windows based model checking tool, as i have seen so far your tools only
> use with GNU/linux OSes, so how i can use PPL, is there any win based
> version? or i should change it as my need?

Hi Saber,

we personally compile the PPL under Cygwin and cross-compile it using
MinGW.  However, we do this only to make sure there are no portability
problems and, at present, we do not personally use the library under
Windows.  We also routinely compile the library using the Intel C/C++
compiler, which is available also for Windows.  If these solutions
are not applicable to you and you would like to try compiling
the PPL with, say, Visual C++ (we have been told that its version 10
_may_ implement enough C++ standard to make that feasible), we will
be glad to give you a hand by adding a reasonable number of
#if directives to the PPL sources.

Applied Formal Methods Laboratory
mailto:bagnara at cs.unipr.it