[PPL-devel] PPL 0.11 ready for beta testing

Sebastian Pop sebpop at gmail.com
Fri Apr 16 17:52:03 CEST 2010

Hi,

On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 02:14, Roberto Bagnara <bagnara at cs.unipr.it> wrote:
> PPL 0.11 release candidates are available at
>
>  http://www.cs.unipr.it/ppl/Download/ftp/snapshots/

I will update the Graphite automatic testers to use the PPL-0.11
snapshots from now on.

> Several items in the NEWS file should be of interest to the
> Graphite people.  Please give them a try.
>

> o  New class PIP_Problem provides a Parametric Integer Programming
>    (PIP) problem solver (mainly based on P. Feautrier's
>    specification).  The implementation combines a parametric dual
>    simplex algorithm using exact arithmetic with Gomory's cut
>    generation.  Still under beta testing.

Using the PIP algorithm in the data dependence test, and in the loop
fusion heuristic is high priority in my todo list.

> o  New "deterministic" timeout computation facilities: it is now
>    possible to set computational bounds (on the library calls taking
>    exponential time) that do not depend on the actual elapsed time and
>    hence are independent from the actual computation environment (CPU,
>    operating system, etc.).  Still under beta testing.

I will also give this one a try: we have a testcase producing an
exponential behavior for the conversion of polyhedra to powerset.
I will try to use the deterministic timeout to solve this.

> If all goes well (i.e., the PPL bug-tracking system remains
> clean) PPL 0.11 will be released on May 8, 2010.  Please
> take into account that our past record indicates that,
> despite our will to release more often, we are only able
> to release once per year.

Thank you and the PPL development team for your excellent work.

Sebastian