[PPL-devel] PPL on a Power6 running AIX

Davide Del Vento ddvento at ucar.edu
Wed Sep 23 19:48:25 CEST 2009

Thanks again!

Yes, AIX has several odd utilities, not always compatible with the GNU
ones, but I don't think sed was one of them. Anyway, I noticed that your
suggested command:
/usr/bin/sed -f ./ppl-config.sed  >ppl-config.h
made little sense, so I dug in the Makefile, realized that you meant
something like:
/usr/bin/sed -f ./ppl-config.sed config.h > ppl-config.h

tried that (and it worked)... Then... to make a long story short, the
problem was that you are probably using some features of make that AIX
make does not have (but it usually shout out loudly about them, whereas
this time it was silently doing something wrong), so I tried the GNU
make and that error was solved.

Unfortunately, there is another one where I'm stuck, about the
privateness of a field (see make.log). I hope to not take advantage too
much of your kindness, asking again for help.

Thanks
Davide Del Vento, Consulting Services Software Engineer
NCAR Computational & Information Services Laboratory
http://www.cisl.ucar.edu/hss/csg/
office: Mesa Lab, Room 42B