[PPL-devel] PPL on a Power6 running AIX

Enea Zaffanella zaffanella at cs.unipr.it
Sat Sep 19 08:20:11 CEST 2009

Davide Del Vento wrote:
> Thanks again for your time!
>
> I am not fluent in C++ standards, and eventually I gave up on using the
> IBM compiler.
>
> I tried gcc, it configured fine, but it failed during make with the
> following error, and several others thereafter (see attachments for
> details):
>
> globals.inlines.hh:76: error: 'PPL_SIZEOF_MP_LIMB_T' was not declared in
> this scope
>
> :-(
>
> Note that my gmp installation looked fine, and all its test passed.

Well, I am not really an expert of configuration problems ...
If things were going straight, you should have a

#define SIZEOF_MP_LIMB_T ...

in file <build_path>/config.h, as well as a

#define PPL_SIZEOF_MP_LIMB_T ...

in your <build_dir>/ppl-config.h.

As far as I can see, you seems to have the first one but not the second
one of those defines. Hence, I guess the problem should occur in the
execution of

	/usr/bin/sed -f ./ppl-config.sed  >ppl-config.h

Either you are using a non-compatible version of `sed', or our script
ppl-config.sed assumes something which is not generally portable.

Can you please confirm my guessing above?
Which version of sed are you using?

Cheers,
Enea Zaffanella.