[PPL-devel] [Fwd: Re: PPL on a Power6 running AIX]

Roberto Bagnara bagnara at cs.unipr.it
Thu Sep 10 17:50:17 CEST 2009

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [PPL-devel] PPL on a Power6 running AIX
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 06:56:57 -0600
From: Davide Del Vento <ddvento at mail.ucar.edu>
To: Roberto Bagnara <bagnara at cs.unipr.it>

Thanks a lot for your message!
xlc and xlC are the IBM's compilers for c and c++ respectively.
They do support several standards:
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/lnxpcomp/v8v101/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.xlcpp8l.doc/getstart/overview/gs_ovr.htm

and sometimes are more nitpicking than gcc about the standards,
as I believe it's happening here. I'll try to figure out
(I am not fluent about C++ specs) and let you know.

Compiling with gcc is possible, but there will be several
linking problems with other libraries that I eventually
need to link together (gcc binaries are not-linkable with
xlc binaries).

Thanks again
;Dav

mailto:bagnara at cs.unipr.it