[PPL-devel] PPL fails to build on SGI - with config.log.bz2

Tovrea, George W (US SSA) george.tovrea at baesystems.com
Tue Sep 1 16:52:55 CEST 2009

It seems that configure only checks if getopt.h is present. The native getopt.h on my system is the bogus one I sent you. I kludged the code ppl-config.cc, adding "#undef PPL_HAVE_GETOPT_H". This got me past the current roadblock. However, I am building with gcc 4.3.0 which has a getopt.h which is the same as the other systems I am using and has defines for reuiquired_parameter, no_parameter, etc. Unfortunately, "make install" in GCC does not automatically install the new getopt. You have to used some configure option which does not appear in "configure --help" or the online configuration documentation, "--enable-install-libiberty". When (if) I get a chance, I will go back and redo gcc.

Regards,
Bill T.