[PPL-devel] PPL, Windows, Java interface

Roberto Bagnara bagnara at cs.unipr.it
Thu Nov 26 11:12:15 CET 2009

Krzysztof Jakubczyk wrote:
> On 2009-11-23 11:54, Roberto Bagnara wrote:
>> Krzysztof Jakubczyk wrote:
>>> is it possible to use PPL Java interface under windows? Has anyone
>>> tried it?
>>
>> Not that we know.
>>
> Hi,
> I'd like to build a dynamic version of library - a windows dll file. For
> gmp library I pass --enable-dynamic --disable-shared parameters to
> configure script. When both are enabled - the dll is not produced. Is
> building only dynamic version of PPL possible?

Hi Krzysztof,

I am not sure I understand what you say.  Doing `./configure --help'
in the root directory of gmp-4.3.1 source distribution, I do not see
any --enable-dynamic option.

Building only the shared version of the PPL is normally possible
by configuring with --disable-static --enable-shared.
I cannot assure you about the fact that the Autotools will do
the right thing on the Windows environment you are using.
Generally speaking, we lack expertise on Windows, but if some
experts out there can suggest improvements that will make life
easier on that platoform we will be happy to adopt them.

Applied Formal Methods Laboratory
mailto:bagnara at cs.unipr.it