[PPL-devel] Check dependency resolution for 64 bit linking

Markus Elfring Markus.Elfring at web.de
Fri May 1 14:10:18 CEST 2009

> My guess is that you are compiling the PPL for x86-64 and,
> for some reason, /usr/local/lib/libstdc++.so.6.0.10, which is an
> 80386 object, is in the way.  I do not know why this happens:
> the answer is probably contained in config.log.

It seems that I stumble on an open issue which was also reported by
other software developers several times.

Examples:
- libtool problem on system with 32 and 64 bit libraries
  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/libtool/2009-04/msg00016.html

- Another libtool problem with 64-bit build on a bi-arch system
  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/libtool/2008-09/msg00049.html

- Debugging Libtool's Insistence on Sourcing a Library from /usr/lib
Rather Than LDFLAGS
  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/libtool/2008-02/msg00073.html

- Wrong libstdc++ picked
  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/libtool/2007-04/msg00060.html

Would you like to add any workarounds to your configuration script to
find the expected library directories?
How are the chances to fix the involved tools?

Regards,
Markus