[PPL-devel] PPL "tutorial" and C <-> C++ dictionnary

Basile STARYNKEVITCH basile at starynkevitch.net
Fri Mar 20 14:15:15 CET 2009

Hello Roberto & All,

I am really a very newbie in PPL. Just trying to use it right now (in
the GCC MELT branch, if that does matter).
So sorry for my very stupid (or at least basic) questions.

First, is there somehere a tutorial or user FAQ page? More specifically,
I'm looking for a 2-column table of "to do this, use that" rows which
gives quick "overview" of the PPL. I don't mind if the "todo this"
column contains a few math terms or equations and I would expect the
"use that" column to contain names (and if possible HTML  links) of C++
method signatures.

Also, is there somehere a summary of the C API, ie something like a
table C++ API call, C API call?

At last, I would like to make a projection of a constraint system into a
subset of its coordinates e.g. geometrically, projecting the
5-dimensional polyhedra defined by one constraint system over x,y,z,u,v
into a constraint system over x,y,u (hence eliminating z & v). What is
the API for such things?

Out of curiosity, I would guess (because I remember Roberto telling me
about) that the PPL is indeed used for some static analysis of software
tool. Is there any papers on that subject?

Regards