[PPL-devel] Compiling ppl-0.10.2 on Solaris Express

Roberto Bagnara bagnara at cs.unipr.it
Wed Jun 24 08:32:28 CEST 2009

Alan Pae wrote:
>>> If there's anything I can do to help just let me know.
>>
>> Can I have access to a machine where this is happening?
>>

> Ok, anything but that! :-)

Tsk, tsk, ...

> Send me the list of commands that you would run and I'll run them and
> send back the responses.

Here is what I would do in your shoes.  I would take the failing compilation
command, i.e.,

   g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I.. -I../src -D_SYS_REG_H -I/opt/local/include \
     -g -O2 -frounding-math -W -Wall -MT C_Polyhedron.lo -MD -MP \
     -MF .deps/C_Polyhedron.Tpo -c C_Polyhedron.cc -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/C_Polyhedron.o

I would replace -c with -E and erase -g, -O2, ... and anything after
C_Polyhedron.cc, redirecting the output to a file.

Then I would try to identify the header that is defining the macro CS.
It cannot be the reg.h you posted, because that is neutralized by
the -D_SYS_REG_H option.  So it must be something else that, hopefully,
you can neutralize in a similar way.

> I don't have the plans for the atomic bomb but I wouldn't want you to
> get completely bored reading my files.

Reading all your files is exactly what I had in mind :-)
Cheers,

mailto:bagnara at cs.unipr.it