[PPL-devel] Compiling ppl-0.10.2 on Solaris Express

Alan Pae alanpae at ilkda.com
Tue Jun 23 21:30:02 CEST 2009

Roberto Bagnara wrote:
> Alan Pae wrote:
>> This is essentially a repeat of a bug that has already been posted.
>>
>> The original message can be viewed at:
>>
>> http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-help/2009-04/msg00381.html
>>
>> Instead of using OpenSolaris I'm using Solaris Express which is
>> essentially the same thing but contains all of the proprietary bits
>> that are stripped out to create OpenSolaris.
>>
>> I'm stuck at the exact same spot with the exact same error messages
>> and was just wondering if this was going to be fixed or if there's
>> something I can do to get the compiler to move on down the road.
>
> Hi Alan,
>
> a possible workaround is to look at /usr/include/sys/reg.h.
> If it contains, e.g.,
>
> #ifndef _SYS_REG_H
> #define _SYS_REG_H      1
>
> then you should configure the PPL with a command of the form
>
>   CPPFLAGS=-D_SYS_REG_H /path/to/ppl-x.y/configure ...
>
> Please let us know how it goes.
> All the best,
>
>    Roberto

Exactly the same thing:

libtool: compile:  g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I.. -I../src
-D_SYS_REG_H -I/opt/local/include -g -O2 -frounding-math -W -Wall -MT
C_Polyhedron.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/C_Polyhedron.Tpo -c C_Polyhedron.cc
-fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/C_Polyhedron.o
In file included from algorithms.hh:27,
                  from C_Polyhedron.cc:28:
Pointset_Powerset.defs.hh:68: error: expected unqualified-id before
numeric constant
Pointset_Powerset.defs.hh:69: error: type/value mismatch at argument 1
in template parameter list for 'template<class D> class
Parma_Polyhedra_Library::Powerset'
Pointset_Powerset.defs.hh:69: error:   expected a type, got '15'
Pointset_Powerset.defs.hh:1234: error: 'Base' is not a class or namespace
Pointset_Powerset.defs.hh:1235: error: 'Base' is not a class or namespace
Pointset_Powerset.defs.hh:1236: error: 'Base' is not a class or namespace
Pointset_Powerset.defs.hh:1237: error: 'Base' is not a class or namespace
Pointset_Powerset.defs.hh:1238: error: 'Base' is not a class or namespace
Pointset_Powerset.defs.hh:1239: error: 'Base' is not a class or namespace
Pointset_Powerset.defs.hh:1251: error: 'Base' is not a class or namespace
Pointset_Powerset.defs.hh:1252: error: 'Base' is not a class or namespace
Pointset_Powerset.defs.hh:1253: error: 'Base' is not a class or namespace
In file included from Pointset_Powerset.defs.hh:1446,
                  from algorithms.hh:27,
                  from C_Polyhedron.cc:28:

reg.h is not a very big file so here it is:

bash-3.2$ cat reg.h
/*
  * CDDL HEADER START
  *
  * The contents of this file are subject to the terms of the
  * Common Development and Distribution License, Version 1.0 only
  * (the "License").  You may not use this file except in compliance
  * with the License.
  *
  * You can obtain a copy of the license at usr/src/OPENSOLARIS.LICENSE
  * or http://www.opensolaris.org/os/licensing.
  * See the License for the specific language governing permissions
  * and limitations under the License.
  *
  * When distributing Covered Code, include this CDDL HEADER in each
  * file and include the License file at usr/src/OPENSOLARIS.LICENSE.
  * If applicable, add the following below this CDDL HEADER, with the
  * fields enclosed by brackets "[]" replaced with your own identifying
  * information: Portions Copyright [yyyy] [name of copyright owner]
  *
  * CDDL HEADER END
  */
/*
  * Copyright 2004 Sun Microsystems, Inc.  All rights reserved.
  * Use is subject to license terms.
  */

#ifndef	_SYS_REG_H
#define	_SYS_REG_H

#pragma ident	"%Z%%M%	%I%	%E% SMI"

#if defined(__i386) || defined(__amd64)

#include <ia32/sys/reg.h>

#endif

#endif	/* _SYS_REG_H */

If there's anything I can do to help just let me know.

Thanks,
alan