[PPL-devel] integer versus rational solutions

Roberto Bagnara bagnara at cs.unipr.it
Fri Jul 31 12:14:23 CEST 2009

Michael Classen wrote:
> I just wanted to ask if there are any new developments in this issue
> of integral polytopes? My colleague Armin Groesslinger will visit me
> next week and it would be great to to know the current status for any
> discussions with him. :-)

Hi Michael,

sorry for the delay: I am pretty busy with other things at the moment.
The only new development I can offer right now is that work is about
to start to incorporate a Parametric Integer Programming solver
into the PPL (we hope this to be more efficient than piplib).
All this is meant to happen before the end of September.
As far as I understand, with PIP and the code you and Armin Groesslinger
are writing, you should obtain what you need.  Later we may want
to "dress" all this into an Integral_Polytope PPL class, but
this is secondary IMHO.

mailto:bagnara at cs.unipr.it