[PPL-devel] [ppl 0.10.2] gmp not found when compiled shared for mingw32 host (-> .dll.a)

Roberto Bagnara bagnara at cs.unipr.it
Fri Jul 17 06:12:55 CEST 2009

Heiko Lechner wrote:
> I compiled gmp for mingw32:
>
> CPPFLAGS=-fexceptions ../gmp-4.3.1/configure\
> --host=i686-pc-mingw32 --target=i686-pc-mingw32\
> --prefix=/home/heiko/mw32htools\
> --enable-cxx --disable-static --enable-shared
>
> And after that I tried to compile ppl, but it didn't find gmp.
> Configure does not add the include path "/home/heiko/mw32htools/include"
> to the flags.
> I guess that it is because the shared libs are named "libgmp.dll.a" and
> "libgmpxx.dll.a".
>
> I now added the include path via CPPFLAGS, and build fails because ld
> can not find -lgmpxx...
>
> I think a shared gmp is not quite a good idea...
>
> Any suggestions?

Hello Heiko,

generally speaking, it is not enough to set CPPFLAGS.  You should rather
configure with something like

     --with-libgmpxx-prefix=/home/heiko/mw32htools

See README.configure for more details.

P.S. Note that in the next PPL release the --with-libgmpxx-prefix will
      be substituted with --with-gmp-prefix.

mailto:bagnara at cs.unipr.it