[PPL-devel] cray_pointers_2.f90

Konrad Trifunovic konrad.trifunovic at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 15:32:21 CEST 2009

Hi,

I rather think it is fault of our code, not the PPL one.

What i suspect that there are some memory allocation problems, otherwise
I cannot understand why the crashes are nondeterministic. We actually
do not check for memory allocation faults, so the faults might be
silently propagated
to other places in the code.

What happens is that I'm calling the creation of polyhedron and
deletion of polyhedron
for about 1.000.000 times. Since the code is written in C (we use PPL
C interface), we do not
receive the exceptions that might occur due to failed allocation.

I will first try to do the code that would check if the allocations
failed, so at least
I can stop the graphite myself, and not wait until it crashes randomly...

Konrad