[PPL-devel] Graphite build fails if PPL configured with --disable-shared

Maik Beckmann beckmann.maik at googlemail.com
Wed Jul 8 21:17:56 CEST 2009

Laurent GUERBY schrieb am Dienstag 12 Mai 2009 um 22:03:
> On Tue, 2009-05-12 at 21:49 +0200, Andreas Schwab wrote:
> > Laurent GUERBY <laurent at guerby.net> writes:
> > > So 0.15.3 configure does not set $with_ppl variable at all.
> >
> > Sure it does.  Look at the argument parsing loop.
>
> I added a dump and $with_ppl is indeed set correctly but $ppl_prefix
> (which is used for -I if I follow correctly) is empty:

I just had the same problem while installing under an RHEL user account.
I'm not a autotools guy (cmake ftw.), but by looking at the configure.ac of
ppl, I figured that

  AC_ARG_WITH(ppl,
	    [AS_HELP_STRING([--with-ppl=DIR],
			    [Prefix of Parma Polyhedral Library installation])])
has to be

  AC_ARG_WITH(ppl,
	    [AS_HELP_STRING([--with-ppl=DIR],
			    [Prefix of Parma Polyhedral Library installation])],
			    ppl_prefix=$with_ppl)

which made it work for, after running ./autogen.sh.

Best,
 -- Maik