[PPL-devel] All PPL services will be moved to new hardware on January 28, 2009

Roberto Bagnara bagnara at cs.unipr.it
Mon Jan 26 15:07:12 CET 2009

Dear All,

all the PPL services (web site, CVS repository, ftp and rsync access,
mailing lists, tinderbox, ...) will be moved to new hardware and a new
GNU/Linux distribution next Wednesday, January 28, 2009.  The services
will be taken down at around 11AM UTC and will be brought up again
(we hope) a few hours later.  I will send another message to the list
when this is done: you will be welcome to help testing that everything
is in order.

The new hardware is a powerful server donated by AMD, and the (complex!)
migration task will be quickly performed in an almost automatic way
thanks to the work of Abramo Bagnara, INRIA.  We are extremely
grateful to AMD (particularly to Christophe Harle and Sebastian Pop)
and to INRIA (particularly to Albert Cohen) for the support they
are giving to the PPL project.  Many thanks are also due to the Department
of Mathematics of the University of Parma (particularly to Lucia Alessandrini)
for allowing us to put the new server in a suitable room.

mailto:bagnara at cs.unipr.it