[PPL-devel] Graphite/Cloog/PPL problems on Cygwin, HEAD broken maybe?

Roberto Bagnara bagnara at cs.unipr.it
Mon Jan 12 18:35:22 CET 2009

Sebastian Pop wrote:
>> Q3)  Why is there C++ in my libppl?  Have I done something wrong to get it
>> there in the first place, or is it supposed to work somehow?
>>
>>  At the end of stage 1, I can work around the problem by manually running
>> the final link command, but using the (native compiler's) g++ driver instead
>> of the plain gcc driver, or by manually adding -lstdc++.  But I can't do
>> anything like that to get past the link failure at the end of stage 2; we're
>> not using the native compiler any more but the stage 1 compiler and so we've
>> only got a crude xgcc that doesn't understand "-x c++", and of course target
>> libstdc++ hasn't been built yet.  Something's really wrong here - I can't
>> understand why there's C++ involved or how it could work.  Maybe the default
>> configure options of PPL have changed to include some C++ interface that
>> wasn't built by default at the time the wiki page was written?
>>
>>  Anyway, TIA for any enlightenment anyone can provide.  I could file PRs or
>> patches for the first two bugs if desired,
>
> I would highly appreciate this.
>
>> but the third part has me totally confused, I don't know what to do
>> with it.
>
> I'm forwarding this third question to the PPL folks, hoping that they
> already dealt with similar cases and probably already have a solution.

Hi there,

I am not sure I understand the question (and I am not familiar with Cygwin).
The answer to the question "Why is there C++ in my libppl" is that libppl
is written in C++.  The C interface to the PPL, libppl_c, is also written
in C++.  Your description of the problem confuses me, as it seems to be
system-independent;  however, I have no problems bootstrapping HEAD on my
GNU/Linux system.  What am I missing?

mailto:bagnara at cs.unipr.it